We are a sacramental community centred on Eucharist, and committed to communion with God, one another and all creation.
- develop liturgies which nurture us through the Word of God, Community and Sacrament and send us out to continue the mission of Jesus in our daily lives
- recognise and celebrate relationships and everyday experiences as places where God is present
- assist each other to grow in the understanding, practice and love of prayer
We are called by Jesus to tell the Good News and be a light for the world.
- witness to the Gospel in personal and family relationships, in community and workplace
- affirm and support all who witness to the Gospel through their life and work
- build life-giving communities both within our Churches and beyond them
- work with others in society, especially other Christians, to promote values that are central to the Gospel
We are a caring people who affirm the sacredness of life and the dignity of all creation.
- value and support the nurturing of full human growth and dignity, especially in family and personal relationships
- stand with and help those in need especially the most vulnerable
- challenge policies and practices which deny people their basic dignity and rights
- work with all in our Churches and in society who are committed to human dignity, justice and peace
- care for the earth
We are on a life-long journey learning to carry out the mission of Jesus in our world.
- search for the leading of the Spirit in the ‘signs of the times’ and in the wisdom of our Catholic tradition
- help each other to see key moments in life as times of personal and spiritual growth
- use opportunities for faith education available in the Archdiocese
- encourage the formation of small groups for the sharing of faith and life experiences
- develop the knowledge and skills necessary for us to celebrate, collaborate, evangelise and care effectively
We are called to use our gifts in partnership with one another to carry out the mission of Jesus in our world.
- promote hospitality, inclusion and belonging
- invite all members of the Church to contribute their gifts and talents to furthering Jesus’ mission
- organise our communities in a way that promotes effective collaborative ministry
- use collaborative processes in leadership, planning and decision-making